UM-PSC Psychoeducational Therapy


UM-PSC adult sessionServices available for all age groups:

Individual Therapy - UM-PSC offers treatment for many kinds of problems, including depression, social anxiety, excessive worry, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, family conflict, coping with illness, and insomnia.

  • Group Therapy - UM-PSC offers various therapy groups throughout the year for clients of all ages. Please contact us to obtain information.  Available groups may include: social anxiety, coping skills, healthy lifestyle management and cognitive behavior therapy for insomnia. 

  • Trauma Treatment Program - UM-PSC offers a specialized short-term cognitive behavioral treatment for individuals who have experienced a major trauma in their lives. You may be eligible for therapy if you experience symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, flashbacks or intrusive memories of trauma due to an assault, childhood abuse, an accident, or a natural disaster.

How to get started?

Contact UM-PSC at 305-284-4265, ext. 0 to request psychological therapy.

  1. Your information along with the reason for seeking treatment will be gathered.
  2. A NO-COST BRIEF PHONE SCREEN will be conducted (by a clinic assistant) in order to determine the appropriateness of therapy needs.
  3. You will be assigned to a therapist who will contact you to schedule your first session.
  4. Your first session will help us determine what type of therapy we are able to offer you.
  5. If your child is to be seen for therapy, you (not your child) are interviewed first. Divorced parents must to provide proof of custody arrangement.
  6. In order to establish your fee on our sliding scale, we will need proof of income (a recent pay stub or tax return) at your first session, otherwise you will be charged the full amount for services.
  7. Therapy fees are paid at each session.

For more information contact UM-PSC at 305-284-4265.

PLEASE NOTE   is not designed to provide ongoing crisis management
for issues such as substance abuse, active suicidality, violence, or psychoses.

If you have an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.